Friday, July 3, 2009

Week 2 Reflection

I've been out of the loop for awhile. The capstone is done! It was great to meet Eric, Jasper (howellsciencelibby), old friends and new in Bozeman during the Symposium.

I'm writing this reflection at a campground (WiFi ready) in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Our campsite sits on a peninsula in a shaded coniferous forest where Horse Creek meets the Snake River. Along the Snake River is the Tetons as a back drop. A great place to be reflective.

I missed the PLN session last Saturday. I planned to be in Bozeman early to go online. However, we had a mishap in South Dakota where we lost a few belongings from the roof of the van and spent a little time picking up sleeping bags off the interstate. Needless to say, I'm still in the dark in this area. However, I'm checking out Marta's blog to learn more. Did anyone else tune in?

I am using google reader to stay on top of the posts. This will be a great tool for managing the amount of information posted by students in this class...and some are prolific! Great job!

I have a Twitter account and tweeted tonight. I have two classmates who are followers. I need to follow others in the class, but I need to take a few minutes to find them.

There were a couple of capstone presentations regarding the use of Web 2.0 tools. I plan to follow up with those presenters to glean more information from them. The word I heard all week regarding any tool be it the web or other technology is seamless. Teachers work hard on the front end to make the tool work so that it is not cumbersome come class time.

That's my short reflection for now. Happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

  1. Patti,

    Were you able to attend any of the Capstone projects on Web 2.0 tools? If so, I would love to hear about the results of those projects. I attended five Capstone projects this past week, one of which was on PowerPoint. I was unable to see any of the other technology projects. Thanks, Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a twitter page on the iteachstem homepage with links to the class member's twitter pages. This way you can add all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camping in the Tetons ... lucky you. I have dispersed camped across the valley on National Forest lands several times.

    Picking stuff off the highway? I've seen it and felt sorry for the unlucky souls. Next time I think I'll stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, congratulations on finishing the Capstone! By the way, does anyone know if there is a place somewhere with a list of Capstone projects that have been done in the past (something like Capstone archives)? I am starting to think about mine and was looking for some guidance as to how broad to make topic, etc.

    Your place of reflection sounds awesome.

    Also, you didn't miss much in terms of the PLNs last Saturday, check the page I started on the itechSTEM site for updates on upcoming webinars people hear about...

    ReplyDelete