Monday, July 13, 2009

Week 3 PLN Reflection

I've been on the road for 20 days with five children. We'll be home in Memphis in two more days with 19 hours of driving. In spite of choosing camp sites with WiFi, it is difficult to explore the web when there are miles of hiking, driving, and junior ranger programs to attend to at the national parks.

My PLN has been the national park system and its rangers. Since my students won't take these trips with me, there is a web version of exploring the parks. For Yellowstone, it is www.WindowsIntoWonderland.org. Begin by completing the registration and an orientation slide show. Go on to choose a topic. Lesson plans and additional web links are provided for each field trip.

I will not have Twitter messages sent as phone texts. Twitter began to be one more site to check on like an email account. Thanks to Jasper for the tweet on "Twitter Transforms Teaching." These articles will put perspective and meaning into the use of Twitter. More on this later...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 20 days with five kids ... in a car, you are very brave. Sounds like a great trip, nice to know there are other parents out there trying to keep their kids connected to nature, instead of the internet. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can follow me n twitter. Send another request and I will try not to mess it up;)
    wf

    ReplyDelete